On the Cheap: Summer Bedding Under $50
Bedding is one of those things that’s easy and affordable to switch out seasonally, and it’s frequently on sale. In case you’re looking for a new lightweight sheet set or a couple of colorful throw pillows, here’s a good list of summer finds under $50.
- IKEA : Usually at the top of our go-to list for good deals, IKEA sells basic bedding in Scandinavian whites that are perfect for summer. You can find a full bedspread or coverlet there for less than $50.
• Shown: Alina Bedspread and Cushion Cover, $50
- West Elm : Their organic cotton and basic bedding sets are reasonably priced, and you can get really good deals when the lines go on sale. Right now, there are a few cotton print sets on deep discount.
• Shown: Cocoon Sheet Set, on sale — starting at $14
- Target : For low prices on bright patterned bedding, I like Target’s DwellStudio line. A popular modern bedding collection, it’s regularly updated with new colors and styles.
• Shown: DwellStudio for Target Sevilla Shams, $25
- Ralph Lauren Home : I always think of Ralph Lauren as the king of summer bedding — he’s got the beachy blue-and-white look down to a science. His stuff is on sale right now at RL Home and at Macy’s.
• Shown: Belle Harbor Gingham Pillowcases, on sale for $25
- Anthropologie : Right now, they have quite a few patterned cotton sheets and pillowcases on discount. Shop here for florals, graphic prints, and the occasional animal-themed throw pillow.
• Shown: Thought Bubble Sheet Set, on sale for $15 – $40
- CB2 : The hip younger sibling of Crate & Barrel always stocks bright pillows and throws that come in under the $50 mark. Check their sale section for markdowns on summer sheets as well.
• Shown: Striped Woven Lobsta Throw, $40
- Crate and Barrel : Their new Marimekko shop-in-shop is becoming one of my first stops for bedding. Prices are reasonable for a designer brand, and they have frequent sales.
• Shown: Marimekko Samovaari Surf Bedding, starting at $9.95 on sale
- Unison : This Chicago-based textile company usually has a few things in their sale section. Their style is strongly influenced by Scandinavian design — you’ll find lots of simple but bright sheet sets and pillows.
• Shown: Pinstripe Slate Sheets, on sale for $21
- Etsy : When you’re looking for pillows in a certain pattern, check Etsy. Many sellers stock handmade pillows under $50 in prints by Amy Butler, Marimekko, Libery of London, and other designer fabrics.
• Shown: Marimekko Bright Poppy 8 by 16 inch Pillow, $32
Posted via Seattle Real Estate-Seattle Homes For Sale